Power Supplies for 16 CCTV – Option 3
- 12V DC/ 10Amp to 12Amp SMPS for 16 CCTV
- Also available in a metal cabinet.
- Has an Input of 3 Pin Cord available
- Also has an Output of an 8-way terminal available.
- Comes with multiple LED indications for easy usage.
- Also has a CCCV circuit with a wall-mounted bracket.
- Designed to provide all the power requirements for CCTV.
- Also operates on a wider AC Input range of 100 – 300VAC
- Also made to withstand the adverse Indian power conditions.
- Designed with high-frequency switching technology which makes them highly reliable and cost-effective.
- Also is compact in size and light in weight.
What is a 12VDC 10Amp to 12Amp SMPS in a metal cabinet?
A 12VDC 10Amp to 12Amp SMPS in a metal cabinet is a power supply system consisting of one or more switched-mode power supplies, typically with a total capacity of 10 to 12 amperes output current, providing a stable 12-volt DC output voltage. These units are enclosed in a metal cabinet for protection and organization.
What are the common applications for this high-current SMPS system?
This type of power supply system is often used in applications that require a substantial 12-volt DC power source, such as industrial machinery, large-scale automation systems, robotics, LED lighting installations, and power-hungry electronic devices.
How do I wire and distribute power from this SMPS system?
Depending on the specific configuration, you may have multiple output terminals or channels within the cabinet. You should connect the input side of the SMPS system to your AC power source, and the output side can be wired to individual devices, circuits, or distribution panels requiring 12-volt DC power. Always adhere to proper wiring practices and safety guidelines.
Why is the metal cabinet important for this setup?
The metal cabinet serves several crucial purposes, including providing physical protection to the SMPS units, organizing and securing power supply components, and helping dissipate heat generated by the units. Additionally, the metal cabinet aids in electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding to prevent interference with nearby electronic equipment.
Are there any safety precautions I should consider when installing and using this high-current SMPS system?
Safety is paramount when dealing with high-current electrical equipment. Be sure to follow standard electrical safety practices, including proper grounding, using appropriate wiring techniques, and observing safety recommendations provided by the manufacturer. Take measures to protect against overcurrent conditions, such as employing circuit protection devices, and ensure the system is installed and operated within its specified limits to prevent overheating or damage.